We hire our summer camp staff through individual interviews that take place at The Woodlands’ campus. This allows potential staff members to meet the staff of The Woodlands and see his/her home for the summer.
We hire our Weekend Retreat Staff on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
To apply, complete our employment application (bottom right of this page) and send it, along with a copy of your resume, to Samantha Ellwood, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Staff Members at The Woodlands are Expected To:
- Provide individualized adaptations, accommodations, and modifications based on participant needs.
- Complete all documentation completely and accurately within the allotted timeframe; report all incidents to the Camps and Retreats Program Coordinator.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Demonstrate responsible use of facilities and maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of all policies and procedures of The Woodlands.
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
- Serve as a beneficial model to participants in all personal habits; maintain positive professional relationships with all staff members, participants, families, and guests of The Woodlands.
- Communicate thoroughly and actively, providing constructive feedback to supervisors and all The Woodlands staff members.
- Possess and demonstrate enthusiasm and positivity towards all The Woodlands staff members, participants, families, guests and assigned or scheduled tasks and activities.
- Willingly adjust to changing priorities or conditions.
- Advocate for all participants at The Woodlands.
- Supports and carries out the mission of the The Woodlands Foundation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.