JOB SUMMARY: The Kitchen Support Staff/Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining a clean work environment. This involves washing and sanitizing dishes, food preparation equipment, utensils, and the kitchen in a safe and timely manner for all aspects of the Woodlands Foundation. The Kitchen Support Staff/Dishwasher will be responsible for the tasks delegated to him or her by the Food Service Coordinator and the Associate Cook.
Essential Duties and Food Service Responsibilities:
- Will report to work on time as scheduled, in clean proper work attire.
- Adapt to changes in mealtime and hours worked according to alterations in daily schedule made by Program Staff and/or Food Service Coordinator
- Perform delegated tasks such as assisting with food preparation, set up, and clean up.
- Thoroughly clean and maintain all equipment and facilities utilized.
- Follow standards set by the Public Health Department for cleaning, storing, and preparation of foods.
- Maintain cleanliness of the dining room, food service areas, and keeping the beverage counter clean and well supplied.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, patience and courtesy.
- “Safety Always” attitude which is practiced with integrity and a high degree of accountability for end results.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Availability during the summer
- Ability to meet Physical Demands
- Flexibility in Scheduling
- PA Keep Kids Safe Clearances (Act 33/34 and Act 73, FBI Clearance)-required to be less than a year old from hire date.
- Complete PA Act 31 Recognizing and Reporting Abuse: Mandated and Permissive Reporting-online training.
- Drug testing required.
- Customer Service-demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally.
- Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing the situation before conflict arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation of others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions and priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- Advocates for persons with disabilities.
- Supports and carries out the philosophies, goals, objectives, and mission of the organization.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Considerable walking, standing, exposed to extreme temperatures as this role must go from interior to exterior of the building during all seasons and weather conditions.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, pollen, and fumes.
- Must be able to regularly lift, or move a minimum of 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to regularly sit, stand, climb, balance, stoop, walk, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to manipulate tools and equipment and repetitively reach with hands and arms.
- Requires moving around the campus including climbing stairs and walking up to six blocks.
NOTE: Nothing in this description restricts The Woodlands management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time; this description reflects The Woodlands management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; this description is subject to change at any time.
Supervisor: Food Service Coordinator, Associate Cook/Shift Supervisor and Facilities Manager