All campers at The Woodlands will be eating in their respective pods by each cabin.
Dining Locations are as follows:
Outside area on side of Dining Hall
Under tent in front of Dining Hall
- Upon entering and exiting each of the dining areas campers and staff will sanitize their hands.
- Campers and Staff will have pre-plated food brought to them by the Kitchen Staff.
- Tables will seat 3 people per table. Two campers and one staff leaving 6 ft of space in between them.
- The Dining Hall staff will sanitize and clean all materials used during dining including tables and chairs.
- In the event of severe inclement weather, both pods dining outdoors will be moved to the Activity Center eating on opposite ends from one another with both automatic doors open.
All campers at The Woodlands will be doing activities in their respective pods by each cabin.
- Each activity area that has shared equipment will have a cleaning caddy for staff to use to clean and sanitize shared equipment and a red bin to designate dirty items.
- The caddy will include:
- Neutral disinfectant
- Clorox wipes
- Paper towels
- Lysol Spray
- Extra Masks
- The areas that the cleaning caddy’s will be located are as follows:
- Each of the 6 cabins
- Activity Center
- Art Room
- Counselor Dorm
- Dining Hall
- Upon entering and exiting each activity area campers and staff will sanitize their hands.
- Campers during every activity will be distanced 6 ft. apart and staff will use visual markers for spacing such as tables, chairs, and floor markers. If those items are not available at times such as swimming, staff will supervise all campers and use prompts for adequate social distancing and to give positive reminders.
- Campers will have their own equipment to use, and any shared equipment will be sanitized before another camper should use it.
- Items that cannot be shared such as playdoh, putty, clay, and any other porous item will be a onetime use or will go home with the camper.
- Once an item is deemed “dirty” it will be placed in a red bin and no other camper will be permitted to use and item, until it is sanitized by an Activity Instructor.
Zipline and Archery
The Woodlands will not be operating the camp only zipline or the archery range at this time.
This is due to not being able to properly 6ft. socially distance campers and staff during these activities.
The Woodlands will reassess on a regular basis to determine when these camps only activities can reopen.
The Woodlands Pool is managed by British Swim School and is located inside the Woodlands Wellness Center. This is the only shared facility that the Woodlands campers would utilize.
The Program Manager and British Swim School Pool Manager are in constant contact to discuss and review British Swim School and Woodlands COVID Policies and Procedures and other operational procedures.
During swim times for Woodland’s campers, the pool will be closed to all members of the public and only Woodlands pods and staff designated with the pod will be using the facilities.
Each pod, made up of 12 campers and 6 staff, will swim during designated swim times Tuesday-Thursday throughout camp.
Masks will be worn in all common areas, locker rooms, and will be worn when on and coming off the pool deck.
Staff will ensure 6 ft. social distancing within the pool using verbal cues and prompts to the campers.
Cleaning: Please refer to Facilities/Cleaning section on leased spaces (Wellness Center).
All additional Woodlands pool usage rules will still apply.
Personal Items in Shared Spaces and Showers
Woodland’s campers are given a personal drawer and cabinet space for all personal items including items used in the restrooms and all clothing.
No items will be left on the countertops or in the showers. Items will be either placed in the camper’s personal drawer or taken back to the camper’s cabinet space.
Any shared shower equipment such as shower chairs, shower wheelchairs, and high touch shower areas will be disinfected by the staff after each participant use.