When visiting The Woodlands Wellness Center, please be sure to check in with the front desk staff.
Members must wear shirt, pants and shoes at all times within the Wellness Center public and fitness areas. Swimming apparel is required for use of the swimming pool. Members are advised to bring their own towels and water shoes. Towels are not provided by the Wellness Center.
Code of Conduct
The Woodlands expects all members to act appropriately and respect the rights of other members, Wellness Center staff and other Woodlands program participants. Profanity and other inappropriate acts will not be tolerated. Everyone is expected to show respect and be accepting of all abilities.
Accidents/Injuries and Equipment Malfunction
All accidents and/or injuries must be reported to Woodlands staff members immediately. The Woodlands assumes no responsibility for injuries resulting from participation in Wellness Center activities. Members and visitors are required to report any equipment malfunctions or hazardous situations to Wellness Center staff.
Parking is provided for Wellness Center members in the outdoor lot, adjacent to the Sports Court. When the gates of the Sports Court are open, this area may also be used for parking. Members and visitors are asked not to park over the yellow safety line outlining the perimeter of the Wellness Center lot. Participants utilize this space to walk and wheel their chair, and other adapted devices, safely to the sports court and activity center during programming.
Men’s Locker Room, Women’s Locker Room and Family Locker Room
The Woodlands Wellness Center is not responsible for any items lost or stolen in the locker rooms. Members are advised to bring their own locks which may be applied to a locker on a daily basis to protect personal items for the duration of their Wellness Center visit. Locks must be removed after each visit. No electronic devices are permitted for use in the locker room facilities. The Woodlands Wellness Center locker rooms are shared spaces, including the Family Locker Room. For sanitation purposes, place a towel down when utilizing a chair or bench when changing clothes.
Smoking and Alcohol Use
The Woodlands Wellness Center and its facilities are tobacco, alcohol and drug free environments.
Loitering is not permitted on The Woodlands campus.
The Woodlands facilities are available to rent for parties and gatherings. Members and visitors may contact the administrative office or Wellness Center front desk for more information, 724-935-6533.
The Woodlands Wellness Center reserves the right to cancel classes due to lack of enrollment or inclement weather. In the event of cancellation, members will be notified via email as soon as possible. Wellness Center members are encouraged to check Facebook and The Woodlands’ website for updates.
Inclement Weather Cancellation Policy
The Woodlands follows the NORTH ALLEGHENY School District for delays and closures. All participants should watch any of the three major TV networks for updates on delays or closings (KDKA, WPXI and WTAE).
If North Allegheny CLOSES or has a 2 HOUR DELAY, the Wellness Center will open at 11:00 am for regular scheduled open times and classes UNLESS otherwise notified through email or the Woodlands Facebook page.
All new members pay an enrollment fee of $100. The Woodlands Wellness Center requires a 30 day notice prior to the quarterly payment date in order to cancel or freeze membership. Once a payment is applied for a quarter it is non-refundable.
Members must complete a cancellation of membership form in order to cancel membership and automatic payment.
The Woodlands reserves the right to cancel a membership at any time for members who violate the Wellness Center code of conduct or any safety policies.
|A membership to The Woodlands Wellness Center includes the following programs:
Open pool usage
Open gym usage
Low Impact Water Aerobics
Arthritis Foundation Aqua Exercise
|Adults and Seniors:
Low Impact Water Aerobics
Arthritis Foundation Aqua Exercise
Fitness & Aquatic Center Policies
Cardio Time Limit
As a courtesy to fellow Wellness Center members, please limit use of lap lanes and cardio machines to 30 minutes during high occupancy hours.
Shower Before Pool Use
Members must shower before using the pool facilities at The Woodlands. Showers are available for member use in the locker room areas.
Re-Rack your Weights
Please place weights and exercise equipment back in its designated spot when finished.
Proper Attire and Hygiene
Swimming apparel is required. Swim suites, gym clothes and all other clothing must be appropriate for a family environment. Members and visitors must wear shirt, pants and shoes at all times. Please limit the use of perfumed sprays. Observance of regular hygiene routines is expected.
Wipe down equipment
After use, please wipe down equipment with the provided spray bottles or wipes provided.
Parents or guardians of children who cannot swim on their own or need to use a flotation device must accompany their child in the pool and remain within arm’s reach of their child at all times.
Food and Drink
No glass containers of any kind are permitted in the pool or gym areas. Members are allowed to have closed water bottles. No other food or beverage item or gum is permitted in the pool or gym area.
Fitness Center Orientations
Every member has the right to a facility and exercise orientation. The Woodlands recommends every member participate in a brief equipment orientation.
Before participating in physical activity, the Woodlands recommends prior clearance from a physician.
Pool Safety Rules
- All swimmers must shower before swimming
- Appropriate swim wear is required. No “cut offs”
- Children under 12 must be with an adult to swim
- Any child wearing a life vest must be within arm’s reach and directly supervised in the water by an adult over the age of 18
- Children who are not toilet trained or children who are recently toilet trained MUST wear a swimming diaper AND rubber swim pants that fit snuggly at the waist and legs with their bathing suit. Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water
- Please walk or wheel slowly on the pool deck. No running
- Individuals using a wheelchair should unfasten their safety belts upon entering the pool area
- No food
- No glass containers of any kind
- No wild or dangerous play
- No standing, sitting or climbing over inlet walls
- No front or back flips
- In situations where safety is a concern, lifeguards have final authority in pool room and have the authority to implement rules at their discretion
- Do not distract the lifeguards
- Diving is permitted in 8 foot area only. No diving in shallow end
- If you are menstruating you must wear internal protection
- Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the pool or on the pool deck to a lifeguard or management
- During an emergency, remain calm and follow the direction of the lifeguard or other Wellness Center staff
- Please follow the rules and enjoy a safe swim
Criteria prohibiting use of the pool
- Do not use the pool if you have experienced any form of incontinence or are recovering from diarrhea or if you have had any signs or symptoms of stomach disease in the previous 72 hours/3 days
- Swimmers with open sores, wounds, sore or inflamed eyes, rashes, blisters, cuts, nasal or ear discharge or any infectious diseases may not use the pool
- If you have a urinary tract infection you must be on medication therapy for 24 hours before entering the pool