Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
- Volunteers ages 16 and over must complete all steps of volunteer process, including orientation and clearances.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Adult supervisors or chaperones who accompany volunteers under the age of 16, must complete all steps of volunteer process, including orientation and clearances.
If you are an individual interested in volunteering at The Woodlands, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete a Volunteer Application found on the left.
2. Submit Individual Volunteer Application by email or mail to our contact on the left.
3. If your volunteerism at the Woodlands includes interaction with participants, we require Act 33 (PA Child Abuse) and Act 34 (PA Criminal Background Check) clearances. We will only accept clearances obtained within one year prior to your first volunteer shift.
To obtain an instantaneous PA Child Abuse Clearance that you may download and print, click here, select “Create Individual Account” (if you do not already have a Child Welfare Portal login) and follow the prompted steps to completion.
To obtain an instantaneous PA Criminal Record Check that you may also download and print, click here , select “New Record Check (Volunteer Only)” (if you do not already have a login) and follow the prompted steps to completion.
4. Get signed up for preferred volunteer shifts!