JOB SUMMARY: The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining a clean work environment. This involves washing and sanitizing dishes, food preparation equipment, utensils, and the kitchen in a safe and timely manner for all aspects of the Woodlands Foundation. The Dishwasher will be responsible for tasks delegated to him or her by the Cook or Food Services Coordinator.
FOOD SERVICES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adapt to changes in mealtime and hours worked according to alterations in daily schedule made by Program Staff and/ or Food Services Coordinator.
- Perform delegated tasks such assisting with food preparation, set up, and clean up.
- Thoroughly clean and maintain all equipment and facilities utilized.
- Follow standards set by the Public Health Department for cleaning, storing, and preparation of foods.
- Clean and store all table service and condiments after completion of meal.
- Maintain cleanliness of the dining room, food service, and beverage tables clean and well supplied.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Customer Service – demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- Advocates for persons with disabilities.
- Supports and carries out the philosophy, goals, objectives, and mission of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Food Safety and Sanitation certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Act 33/34 clearance and Act 73, FBI clearance
- Experience and interest in working with children/adults with disability
- Summer availability
- Ability to pass a drug screening