JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Cook is responsible for supporting the Food Service Coordinator (FSC) in providing quality, nutritious food and service for all programs at the Woodlands. The Assistant Cook must be certified by the Allegheny Health Department Food Safety program or ServSafe and is responsible for all food safety and sanitation of the Dining Hall in the absence of the FSC. This is a hands-on position and the Assistant Cook must have extensive experience in food preparation and service.
- Two to four years of experience in commercial or institutional food preparation or certification from an accredited program
- Ability to work with the health and nutrition needs of a wide variety of individuals
- Allegheny Health Department Food Safety or ServSafe Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, patience, and courtesy especially in working with youth both as staff and participants.
- “Safety Always” attitude which is practiced with integrity and a high degree of accountability for end results.
- PA Keep Kids Safe Clearances (PA Child Abuse History, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Background Check) – required and updated every 5 years
- Complete PA Act 31 Recognizing and Reporting Abuse: Mandated and Permissive Reporting in PA online training.
- Drug free testing required